According to the Swiss Re Institute, 2022 was the second consecutive year in which insured losses from natural catastrophes exceeded $100 billion.
From raging wildfires to disastrous floods, insurers are grappling with the challenges of increased frequency and severity of natural catastrophes – in 2022, insured losses from NATCAT exceeded $100 billion for the second year in a row (Swiss Re Institute). This is an increase of $18 billion, compared to 2020.
Without a crystal ball, it’s crucial for insurers to harness the power of data & analytics to better inform decisions, mitigate risks, and proactively tackle the challenges posed by natural catastrophes.
Discover how leading insurers are doing this in the next Reuters Events Webinar: Catastrophe-Proofing Insurance: Leveraging Data & Analytics for Sustainable Growth.
Date & Time: Tuesday, December 5th, 11am – 12pm ET or catch up on-demand.
Location: Online – Join from anywhere!
- Kristen Bessette, Chief Actuary, Data & Analytics Officer, QBE North America
- Erik G. Olsen, SVP, Property Center of Excellence Leader, Risk Engineering Services, Chubb
- Jimmy Gallagher, VP of Capacity & Risk Markets, Coterie Insurance
- Darren Govender, VP - North America Market Lead, Analytics, Swiss Re Reinsurance Solutions
- Moderator: Lisa Wardlaw, President, 360 Digital Immersion
Key areas of discussion:
- Data-Driven Underwriting Excellence: Harness the power of predictive analytics to optimize efficiency and create accurate underwriting decision-making
- Innovative Risk Mitigation: Leverage technology and data for personalized risk recommendations to mitigate potential losses and bolster portfolio resilience
- Growth Amidst Catastrophe: Analyze exposure concentrations to develop a balanced mix of high-risk and low-risk properties, reducing the overall impact of natural disasters
Interested in this topic? Want more insights from thought-leaders on the critical challenges for the insurance industry? Then you need to be at Reuters Events: The Future of Insurance USA 2024 (May 15-16, Chicago) – the leading forum for senior insurance executives.
For more information on the event, contact:
Project Director | Insurance
T: + 44 (0) 20 7513 4979