Webinar: A new framework for equity: Medical communications’ role in addressing health disparities
Aug 4, 2022
Drive improved minority health outcomes with HCP education and targeted data gathering.
Drive improved minority health outcomes with HCP education and targeted data gathering
While rapid flux has characterised our past few years of industry growth, so has mounting awareness of the significant health disparities and inequities compromising our healthcare systems.
In the face of unprecedented urgency and stakeholder buy-in, the onus is on pharma to ensure health outcomes are improved for all underserved patient populations. And with HCPs playing a critical role in reaching – or not reaching – minority communities, it’s our responsibility to work together to bring about a more equitable distribution of healthcare. From raising HCP awareness of minority patients’ barriers to healthcare, to capturing the right data to enable informed decision-making, and leveraging innovative technologies that pinpoint where support is needed most, a multi-pronged outreach strategy is essential to making a positive impact.
That’s why Reuters Events has convened industry experts from AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer and Healthcare Consultancy Group to share how you can elevate the conversation around health inequities and disparities and ensure health outcomes are improved across all underserved patient populations.
Join at 10am ET / 3pm BST / 4pm CET on Tuesday, June 14 to gain key learnings, including:
• Discover why health disparities and inequities should matter to the medical communications industry, and the role we all can play in addressing inequity
• Use data to identify health disparities, including access to healthcare, standard of treatments and care, and uneven health outcomes
• Deliver omnichannel education to raise awareness of health disparities among HCPs and better support those working in underserved patient communities
• Advocate for wider industry conversations around health inequities and identify solutions that will enable improved outcomes for minority groups
Our outstanding speaker line-up:
• Camille Hertzka, VP, Head of Oncology, US Medical, AstraZeneca
• Melissa Bishop-Murphy, JD, MBA, Senior Director and Co-Chair, Pfizer’s Multicultural Center of Excellence, Pfizer
• Shirley Sylvester, Senior Medical Director for Women's Health, Office of the Chief Medical Officer, Johnson & Johnson
• Moderator: Matt D’Auria, CEO, Healthcare Consultancy Group
The webinar will also begin with a short presentation from:
• Luke Cole, Senior Vice President, Digital Strategy, Engagement Group
• Ruthline Laylor, PhD, Executive Director, Medical & Scientific Services, Chameleon
• Victoria Malek, MD, MSc PH, Physician & Senior Consultant in Global Market Access, Lumen Value & Access