By David Howell - April 14th, 2015
LinkedIn has continued to carve a niche for itself amongst B2B professionals. With their recent purchase of Lynda.com, does this signal a shift in how LinkedIn positions itself in the social space?
- Two new members join LinkedIn every second.
- LinkedIn has 187 million unique visitors each month.
- 40% of LinkedIn users check their profiles daily.
- The average time a user spends on LinkedIn is 17 minutes.
- 70% of LinkedIn users are outside the USA.
- 50,000 long form posts are generated each week.
- 59% of LinkedIn users don’t visit Twitter.
- Take care with the quantity of content posted to LinkedIn. Buzzstream found that 15% of survey respondents would unfollow a brand on LinkedIn if they posted more than six times a day.
- Location-based engagement has diminished in favour of sharable content especially on LinkedIn that sees a massive 200% increase over the past two years.
- 86% of those interviewed said: “When I find a brand I like, I stick with it.”
- 78% said: “I’m typically willing to pay more for high quality items.”
- According to comScore’s 2013 Buying Power Index, LinkedIn members have nearly twice as much buying power than Facebook.
- Members are more than twice as likely to trust information provided on LinkedIn than other social networks, which drives purchases.
- 51% strongly agree that they trust the information from listed publishers on LinkedIn, compared with only 23% from the next highest social network.
November 2015, The Marriott Brooklyn Bridge
The USA's best brand-focused marketing conference. Featuring CMOs, SVPs and marketing leaders from Dell, Citi, Chobani, Activision, HSBC, Mondelez and many more.Brochure Programme